Tips to Stop Blogging From Taking Over my Life.
Duh, I need content to post. Not just silly content that will fill empty internet space, but good solid projects that will catch a readers eye. Something that will make them say, “Hmmm, I can do that! What a great idea!” Those kinds of projects usually take a fair amount of time and money.
Any blog needs nice photos to go with their projects. No one wants to look at a fuzzy picture that looks like it came from a phone with a smudged lens. No! Those are not Pintastic photos that are going to make people read your posts. Good pictures take time and editing.
After you have taken the time to shop for your project, create your project (it takes twice as long because you have to take a bunch of pictures as you are doing it), Take and edit the photos of your project, you have to put it into words. Words that are going to make your reader laugh, cry or just feel plain inspired. Good luck doing this in less than a couple hours and then the 4 times you proofed and edited it.
Great so now you have a post. It’s amazing. It’s fantastic. There is nothing you could do to this post to make it any better. The masses will be copying and creating the thing in your post all over the world once they see it. Oh wait. How do you get people to see it.
That’s where more time comes in.
You need to share your post on all Social Media fronts- Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, etc… There are so many, it’s hard to keep track. Then there are groups. So many groups to help pass your stuff along, but you have to do your duty and do the same thing to other’s posts. You post one link and have to share 102!! Okay, that’s an exaggeration. You sometimes get it back, but not always. That’s the risk you take. So what do you do? You go to another group and do the same thing. Rinse, wash, Repeat….SO MUCH TIME!
Link Parties are a great place to meet other bloggers and see some really good content. What I do is share 1-2 posts, then click and comment on the same amount as I posted. It’s only fair to spread around the goodness. My mama taught me to thank a host when you go to a party so I always leave a comment. Always! Take this times 5-7 link parties a day… That’s like… 2 + 2 + 4+8….carry the 1… Too many clicks to figure out.
So what am I getting at you ask? Well, I needed to figure out a way to do all of this and still keep my laundry from piling up, my kids from forgetting my name and becoming Vitamin D deficient from sitting inside on the computer all day. I’ll share my plan with you. I’m still getting used to it.
Morning- 1 hour
- Share new post on google+ (it is automatically shared there when I post, but I do it again), Twitter, Stumble Upon, and 1 Pinterest Board.
- Link post up to the 5 groups that I am involved in and re-share, pin, etc other’s from the group.
- Reply to any comments on my own blog.
- Catch up on the Pinterest Promotion Group.
- Share, click, comment on my Tribes posts.
- Stumble on StumbleUpon for a few minutes.
- Start working on new post if time allows.
- Reply to any comments on my blog.
- Add a few Pinterest pins to Boardbooster.
- Link up my new post to the next days link parties. Here is a list of where I link up.
- Clean up my Pinterest Boards and Schedule pins with Board Booster. This is a really great tool that has saved me a ton of time on Pinterest and doubled my re-pins. If you click my link and sign up for the free trial, I’ll get a little credit :). After using it for about 2 months, I just paid for my first subscription ($5 for 500 pins). I began pinning about 50 pins/day and get new followers daily.
- Continue working on a new post. (With each new post, I schedule it for my blog, make post for HomeTalk, Copy it to BlogHer if have a chance, and create a guide for GuideCentral.
- Tops- 4 hours in the wood shop or equivalent, where ever I need to be to work on project. This is Daddy/kids time
- Face Book sharing always happens during coffee time in the morning. I’m a pretty slow social networker on the weekends. Mostly just pithy one-liners or silly things that happened that day.
- Sunday evening once the kids are in bed- write out (yes with a pencil and paper- it’s so barbaric!) my blogging schedule for each part of the day. Schedule all of my FB posts for the week.
- Saves me time/energy.
- Saves me money since I’m not impulse buying as I walk around the store.
- Makes me money through Ebates. I love cashing Ebates checks! If you click my link I’ll get a little bonus and you do too!
you might also like
How I Increased Google + Views 600,000
April 3, 2015